New! Set up breakout rooms in a Zoom meeting in the CLE
You can now create breakout rooms in a one-time or recurring Zoom meeting activity in the CLE.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Log into the CLE and navigate to the course where you want to add the Zoom meeting activity.
- Click the “Turn Editing On” button located in the top-right corner.
- In the section where the Zoom meeting will go, click “Add an activity or resource” and select “Zoom meeting.”
- In the General section, add a title (required) and description (optional).
- In the Schedule section, choose the date and time of the zoom meeting. You can also make the meeting recurring here.
- In the Breakout rooms section, you create the breakout rooms. Click on the plus sign next to rooms to begin. Give the room a name if desired, otherwise leave the default “Room 1.”
- Click on the dropdown “add a participant” to select a participant to add to the breakout room. Note that the dropdown will only display a list of students enrolled in the course.
- When you have finished, scroll down and click Save and return to course or Save and display.
View the GIF below to see steps 6 - 8:
Note: For step number 8, you can choose to enroll groups of students instead of individual students. Groups must be created in the course before enrolling groups into a breakout room.