Creating new H5P content is a multi-step process. To begin, H5P activities are created in a Content Bank. H5P activities are stored in the content bank, where they are able to be edited at any time.
Once an activity has been created in the content bank, it can be added to your course and the activity settings can be configured as needed.
To create H5P content:
- H5P modules can be managed through a Content Bank available in each course. To create H5P content, login to your CLE course and click the Content Bank in the bottom left of the CLE navigation panel. The H5P content bank will appear.
From the content back, you can select Add or Upload H5P Content.
The upload function can be used to upload an already existing H5P that you have downloaded previously on your computer.
The Add button can be used to create H5P interactive content from scratch. You can hover over the Add button and scroll down to click on the title of the H5P type you would like to create, e.g. Course Presentation.
The course presentation editor will open. Give your H5P learning object a title.Select a title that is easily identifiable, such as your course name or number followed by the H5P object name. This will make it easier for you to locate this object and share it with your colleagues in the future.
- Visit h5p.org for step-by-step tutorials for the various types of H5P content available in the CLE.
- Upon finish creating H5P interactive content in the content bank, you can add the activity to your CLE course.
Edit H5P Interactive Content
- Navigate the Content Bank block to open the content bank page.
- Under the content bank page, locate the H5P content that needs further editing and double click it. This will open the H5P content.
Rename or delete the H5P interactive content here by clicking the gear icon in the top right.
- Click the Edit button located in the top right and the bottom right of the H5P.
- Click Save once you have finished editing the object.
If you selected the Create an alias/shortcut option when adding the H5P object to the CLE, you will see the changes reflected in the course. Review Add H5P into CLE course to see the how to enable this option.
- If you are editing an H5P object in the content bank that has not yet been added to the CLE, you can add it now. Review add the activity to your CLE course.
Download an H5P Activity
Once an H5P activity has been created in a CLE course, the activity can be downloaded directly from the content bank as an .h5p file, which is a zip-compressed folder with the various files that make up the content (videos, audio, etc.)
- From the content bank, select the activity to be downloaded.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right of the activity and select Download. The file will save to the local download folder and can be added to another CLE course or to another website which accepts .h5p files. A downloaded H5P file can be easily uploaded to the CLE.