About Fill in the Blanks
The Fill in the blanks activity allows the creation of cloze tests, where portions of words or sentences are removed from a text and the learner is asked to replace the missing text.
Fill in the blanks are often used in language learning, but can also be successfully be used to test learners' ability to reproduce facts or mathematical inferences. Fill in the blanks can be used stand-alone or they can be used in Question Sets, Interactive Videos, or Course Presentations.
Create Fill in the Blanks H5P interactive content
Creating new H5P content is a multi-step process. H5P activities are managed through a Content Bank – an area where H5P content may be created, edited and stored. Once an activity has been created in the content bank, it can be added to your course and the activity settings can be configured as needed.
- Open the CLE (cle.ucsf.edu)
- Go to the CLE course where you would like to add the activity and turn editing on.
- Navigate to the content bank in your course to create interactive content and visit the H5P fill in the blanks tutorial to learn how fill in the blanks work.
- Once your activity has been created, navigate to the section where the activity should be located.
- Click add an activity or resource to add an H5P activity to your course.