About Branching Scenario
Branching Scenario is a flexible content type that enables authors to present a variety of rich interactive content and choices to learners, which creating decision-based paths. Learners make choices that determine the content they will see.
The authoring tool can be used in full screen and allows authors to structure the content as a tree with multiple branches and endings.
- Scoring is can be set per ending or based on points collected through the learner's path.
- Any number of branches and endings with different feedback and score per ending
- Choices may be set to lead to any other node within the interactivity tree structure
The following H5P content types may be added to your Branching Scenario:
- Course Presentation
- Image Hotspots
- Interactive Video
Note: In terms of the video format, H5P accepts MP4 and Youtube videos. For audio, H5P works with MP3 and WAV. If needed, you can use the free online converter to convert your files to the desired format.
Use it when you intend to create adaptive learning materials that branch to different paths based on the learners' answers.
Create the Branching Scenario H5P interactive content
Creating new H5P content is a multi-step process. H5P activities are managed through a Content Bank – an area where H5P content may be created, edited and stored. Once an activity has been created in the content bank, it can be added to your course and the activity settings can be configured as needed.
- Open the CLE (cle.ucsf.edu)
- Go to the CLE course where you would like to add the activity and turn editing on.
- Navigate to the content bank in your course to create interactive content and visit the H5P branching scenario tutorial to learn how branching scenarios work.
- Once your activity has been created, navigate to the section where the activity should be located.
- Click add an activity or resource to add an H5P activity to your course.