The collaborative learning environment (CLE) is UCSF’s space for online teaching and learning. It can be accessed through a web browser and is best supported by Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. Users can also download the mobile app to navigate CLE content.
Other content that is embedded into the CLE, like Class Capture or Articulate modules, may work better in certain browsers than others.
To access the CLE through a web browser:
- Navigate to the CLE (cle.ucsf.edu).
- Click login from the top-right corner of the page.
- Enter your MyAccess credentials.
- After successfully logging in to MyAccess, you will be directed to your CLE Dashboard page
- The Course Overview block shows all in progress, future, and past courses that you are enrolled in.
CLE Dashboard Learn about the CLE Dashboard, the customizable homepage of the CLE.
The CLE is accessible via the Moodle mobile app. One of the advantages of using the mobile app is that users can view course activities and download materials for offline use. This allows students to download lecture notes at home and then read them when they are on the go without using their mobile data or WIFI.
The Moodle Mobile app is available for free from Google Play and the Apple Store.
- Download the app from App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)
- Launch the app and enter https://courses.ucsf.edu on the Connect to Moodle screen, then hit connect
- Enter your MyAccess login and password
- Authenticate with Duo to approve your access. The CLE dashboard will open to reveal your courses
Once you select a course title, the course overview page will appear:
- Select the section titles to view resources and activities in that section
- The redirect icons next to activities indicate that the item is not supported on the mobile app; select the icon to open the activity in a browser
- The cloud icon indicates that the activity can be downloaded for offline viewing.
Follow the steps below to set notification preferences.
1. On the homepage of the course on the mobile app, click the user menu located in the bottom right.
2. Under the user menu, click preferences.
3. Under the preference page, click Notifications.
4. Under notifications page, turn on the notifications as you wish.
Due to the various types of network connections wifi capabilities, we don’t recommend using the mobile app for advanced tasks such as high stakes quizzes and interactive modules. You have the option of preventing students from accessing certain activities or resources in the mobile app by using restrict access. To use the restrict access feature:
- Log on the CLE Course you would like to edit and turn editing on
- Navigate to the activity you would like to edit->edit settings (located to the right of the activity)
- Scroll down to restrict access section and click the restrict access button
- Click mobile app to prevent students from accessing activities in the mobile app
- Set restrictions and click save, scroll to the bottom of the screen when done