Search CINAHL Complete for Research Instruments and Questionnaires.
To find a published research instrument for your topic:
- Enter the search terms for your topic.
- Select from the following Publication Type options:
- Research Instrument for instrument description and studies using the instrument. Some records provide you with information on how to obtain the instrument itself
- Questionnaire/Scale to find the actual questionnaire/scale in the study
To find research instruments are available for Nursing Research:
- Go to CINAHL Subject Headings in the top menu
- Enter "research instruments" in the search box and click Browse.
- Click on the Research Instruments link from the results to expand the tree view.
- Select Instrument by Name or Instrument by Type to find articles and lists of instruments
- To search all narrower subheadings under Instrument by Name or Instrument by Type select the checkbox under the Explode (+) column, then click the Search Database button
- Select Instrument Construction, Instrument Scaling, or Instrument Validation to find articles about how to develop or validate instruments
- To find studies using a specific instrument, enter the instrument name and select IN Instrumentation as the search field, and click Search.
("anxiety"[mh] OR anxiety OR anxieties) AND ("surveys and questionnaires"[mh] OR questionnaires OR surveys)
("depression"[mh] OR depression OR "depressive disorders"[mh]) AND ("psychological tests"[mh] OR “psychological tests”)
Other web resources
- NIHResearch Instruments
- This guide provides access to databases and web-based resources useful for locating a wide variety of research instruments.
- NIH ToolBox®
- The ToolBox is a comprehensive set of neuro-behavioral measurements that quickly assess cognitive, emotional, sensory, and motor functions from the convenience of an iPad.
- PhenX Toolkit
- The Toolkit includes measurement protocols that address a wide range of research domains.
- Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System is a set of person-centered measures that evaluates and monitors physical, mental, and social health in adults and children. It can be used with the general population and with individuals living with chronic conditions.
- Statistics Solutions
- Statics Solutions provides a list of complex survey instruments.
Do I need to get permission for this instrument?
Check out Copyright: Survey & Instrument Permissions from Oklahoma State University-Stillwater.