A 1-year pilot program has made Poll Everywhere available through single sign-on at UCSF. All faculty, staff, and students now have access to the web-based audience response system that supports interactive instruction and real-time student engagement.
Poll Everywhere is a web-based polling platform for audience participation which eliminates the need for physical clickers. Users create activities through a simple web interface and can embed them directly into PowerPoint or Keynote. The tool can be used in a classroom setting, events, conferences or for remote audience engagement. Students or audience members can vote on polls through a smartphone, tablet, computer, or text message.
How is Poll Everywhere used on campus?
Poll Everywhere allows a presenter to ask audience members to respond to questions using a smart device or SMS texting, then displays the results live in a variety of formats, or embedded in a PowerPoint or Keynote Slides deck. This tool has been used to:
- Create live polls and quizzes in classes
- Check attendance in classes
- Collect anonymous responses to questions about sensitive topics
- Create icebreaker questions at conferences
- Engage remote students
How do I access my account?
Poll Everywhere is available via MyAccess. To access your account, log into MyAccess with your credentials, and click Poll Everywhere. You will be automatically logged into Poll Everywhere.
Note: If it's your first time using the application, be sure to set it as a favorite!
Support Team Contact
Available Monday to Friday from 5 AM - 5 PM PST Email: Support@polleverywhere.com Phone: 1-800-388-2039 Help Resources: polleverywhere.com/support
For account related issues and practical teaching application, please contact the ed tech support team for your school or the Learning Tech Group for all other departments.
School of Medicine: email@example.com
School of Pharmacy: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Nursing: email@example.com
School of Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
All others: email@example.com
Training & Best Practices:
PollEverywhere user training recording
How to introduce Poll Everywhere to an audience
How Poll Everywhere works
Create Polls & Activities:
Create an activity
Multiple choice question
Shareable response link
Introduction to Reporting
Poll Everywhere App Downloads:
*Download applications to add real-time audience engagement to your slides
Powerpoint for Mac
Powerpoint for Windows Keynote
When you receive this message, this means that you are not on your UCSF’s Poll Everywhere plan; instead, you are still on your free Poll Everywhere account. If you are supposed to be on your UCSF’s Poll Everywhere, please reach out to one of your Poll Everywhere Account Admins to send you an invite. Here is what to do once you receive the email and how to properly join the account!
1. Reach out to your Account Admin and request an invite email be sent you to join the account. You will receive the following email:
2. From the email, click Accept invitation and it will re-route you to Poll Everywhere to login. Enter in your email and click Next.
3. When you get to this page, do not select Log in with UCSF MyAccess. Instead, you will need to click Use password instead and login with the password you’ve been using. If you do not know your password, please click on Forgot your password? and follow those steps to login. (You will need to do this in order to accept the invite, so Poll Everywhere can verify your account.)
4. Once inside your account, click on the settings gear on the top right of the page and select My settings from the dropdown menu.
5. You should now see the New invitations banner in the top right corner. Select View now.
6. You will now see the invitation from the Account Admin. You can now Accept the invitation to join the your University’s Poll Everywhere Account.
7. Congrats, you now part of your University’s Poll Everywhere account! Next time you log in, you will now be able to use SSO by logging in with – Log in with UCSF MyAccess.