Sciwheel is a reference manager to add citations and references to your work in Microsoft Word and Google Docs. The tool consists of a web-based application, a browser extension to quickly add new information to your “library” of saved articles, an installed application that includes a plugin for Microsoft Word, a means to add PDFs from your computer to Sciwheel, and a “reading list”.
To get started, go to sciwheel.com and create an account using your UCSF email.
- Free to current UCSF faculty, staff, and students
- Easy to learn and use
- Accessible from any computer
- Integrates with other reference management tools
- Integrates with Microsoft Word and Google Docs with app installed
- Imports PDFs stored on your computer
- You will lose access if you leave UCSF
- Limited function when offline
- Need to authenticate with UCSF