The Oculus Rift S is a tethered virtual reality system. It uses a computer's CPU, graphics card, and RAM to deliver a smooth, 3D experience.
The Oculus app is the central hub for all things VR. Here you can access your apps, games, device settings and setup.
In the Oculus app you can set a "Guardian" for the space that keeps you inside a safe area for your virtual experience. If you break through the virtual fence the on-board cameras will immediately turn on and project your surroundings inside the headset so you can see where you are going.
The guardian is a tool that informs you of your play area, but does not stop you from breaking through the virtual fence. Please exercise caution at all times.
Apps and Games
We are always testing new apps and games to add to our Oculus library. Please come and experience them for yourself. If you have a recommendation for an app or game we are open to suggestions. Some notable mentions are:
- Google Tilt Brush - animated 3D painting
- Google Blocks - shape, form, and build your models
- ChimeraX - display and analysis of structures and density maps
- The Body VR - an exploratory journey inside the body
- Sharecare VR - anatomy 101
- Sketchfab - user generated VR content from around the world
- Google Earth - view a 3D representation of Earth based primarily on satellite imagery
If you would like to learn more about the Oculus Rift S you can visit their website.