Publish in open access journals
- Exercise your rights with Open Access Policies
Share your datasets and software code openly
Practice reproducible science
- Pre-register your research studies using AsPredicted or OSF Registries
- Use and contribute to open methods on protocols.io
Submit your preprints to open preprint servers
- Post manuscripts before peer review for faster dissemination
- See What are preprints and why do we need them?
Use ORCiD persistent identifier to manage your research outputs and professional activity
- Publish with journals that practice open peer review
Use your influence as a professional society member/journal editor
Create a departmental space on eScholarship
- Make eScholarship your unit’s home for working papers, posters, and more
- Participate in UCSF’s Open Science Group
- Sign up for our email list, get involved with the group, join our activities
Find out more by attending a UCSF Library open research-related class or event.
Visit our Open Access Publishing page for more information or to connect with a scholarly communication expert.