Publish in open access journals
- Exercise your rights with Open Access Policies
- Deposit your final accepted article manuscripts in eScholarship
- See UC Open Access Policy Compliance
Share your datasets and software code openly
Practice reproducible science
Submit your preprints to open preprint servers
- Post manuscripts before peer review for faster dissemination
- See Why Do We Need Preprints?
Use ORCiD persistent identifier to manage your research outputs and professional activity
- Publish with journals that practice open peer review
Use your influence as a professional society member/journal editor
Create a departmental space on escholarship.org
- eScholarship is a home for units to share working papers & more
- Learn about UCSF's commitment to open access
Find out more by attending a UCSF Library OA event.
Visit our Open Access Publishing page for more information or to connect with a scholarly communication expert.