Turnitin is seamlessly integrated with the Forum activity in the CLE. Instructors can use Turnitin to assess student forum posts.
Create a Forum Follow these instructions to create a Forum if you have not done so already.
To enable Turnitin in your CLE forums:
- Go to the course home page and click Turn editing on.
- Select the forum activity, on which you want to enable Turnitin.
- In the edit drop-down menu, click edit settings. This will open the forum configuration page. The configuration of General, Availability, etc (set up when you were adding the forum to the CLE course) will appear.
- Scroll down to and click Turnitin plagiarism plugin settings and verify the setting.
- Set Enable Turnitin to Yes. (Tip: Please enable Turnitin prior to any student’s posting.)
- Optional: Set Display Originality Reports to Students to Yes if you want students to be able to see their Originality Report.
- Click Save and display or Save and return to course.
Review student submissions:
1. When a student submits a new discussion topic, click on the discussion topic name to view the similarity report.
2. Click the similarity score to open the posting in Turnitin's Feedback Studio. Feedback Studio provides more information on the similarity score and allows for instructor comments and grading.