Carvey is a 3D carving machine, also known as a CNC router, that uses a subtractive process to create 3D sculptures and anything you can imagine.
Carved with Carvey: Pattern
Carved with Carvey: Dilation Boards
Before using Carvey you must create an account at http://easel.inventables.com/. The web based platform allows you to log in from any computer to access your designs and get carving.
- Select your medium, medium size, and bit size
- Make or import (SVG and g-code accepted) your design
There is no need to save, as this happens automatically in the background on the Easel website.
Connect your computer to Carvey with a USB cable, log into Easel, and open your design.
- Power on Carvey (switch is located on the right side in the back near the top)
- In Easel click the Carve button at the top-right
- Follow the prompts carefully for confirmation of dimensions, medium, and securing your medium
When done we ask that you use the vacuum to clean as best you can inside and around Carvey.