The Label resource can be used to display text, images, or even videos on a CLE course page. These instructions outline the process of adding a Label to a CLE course for managers, instructors, and content assistants.
While the Label is one of the most straightforward resources in the CLE, you can greatly improve the design of your CLE course with Labels. Read more about CLE course design in the Convergence blog post CLE Design Tips.
To add a Label to your CLE course:
- Log in to the CLE (cle.ucsf.edu)
- Go to the CLE course where you would like to add text, images, videos, or any combination of the three. For this example, we will add an image and text to a CLE course page
- From the Gear at the top-right of your course page select Turn editing on
- Inside the course section where the Label should be displayed, click the Add an activity or resource link
- In the window that appears, find the Resources section. Select the Label resource type, then scroll to the bottom of the list and click Add. This will take you to the settings page for the new Label
- Enter and format the text and image in the Label text box. See Using the HTML Text Editor for instructions on formatting text, images, and video in the CLE
- Click the Save and return to course button.
The Label will now display in the CLE course. Use the arrows (with editing turned on) to move the Label to a different section in the course.
With editing turned on in the course, click Edit to Edit, Move right (indent), Hide, Duplicate, Assign Roles (restrict access), or Delete the Label.