A label serves as a spacer on a CLE course page. It can be used to add text, images, multimedia or code in between other resources in the different sections. It is a very versatile resource and can help to improve the appearance of a course if used thoughtfully.
Labels may be used
- To split up a long list of activities with a subheading or an image
- To display an embedded sound file or video directly on the course page
- To add a short description to a course section
Add a Label to your CLE course:
- Log in to the CLE (cle.ucsf.edu)
- Go to the CLE course where you would like to add text, images, videos, or any combination of the three. For this example, we will add an image and text to a CLE course page
- Click on the Turn editing on button
- Inside the course section where the Label should be displayed, click the Add an activity or resource link
- In the window that appears, select the Label resource type. This will take you to the settings page for the new Label
- Enter and format the text and image in the Label text box
- Click the Save and return to course button.
- With editing turned on in the course, click Edit to Edit, Move right (indent), Hide, Duplicate, Assign Roles (restrict access), or Delete the Label.