Faculty and course staff can import course content, activities, and resources like Quizzes, Forums etc. from one course into another. You must have the role of Instructor or Manager in both courses.
To import content from one course into another, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the new CLE course you want to import content into.
- Click the gear icon located toward the top right of your course and click Import.
- Search for and select the course you wish to copy content from (use a simple search, like the course short name). Select the radio button next to the course name, and then click Continue.
- Check the boxes next to the type of content you wish to copy (you can leave all boxes checked, though filters are rarely used in CLE courses) and click Next.
- Check/un-check boxes next to the specific activities and resources you want to import – you do not need to import every element in a course. If you do want to import the entire course, leave all boxes checked. Click Next when done.
- Follow the continue/next prompts, and that’s it! You will see the progress of the course import and this can take a few moments, depending on the size of the course. You should see the “Import complete” message when the process is done.
- Click Continue to return to the course
Please note that user data will not be copied over in a course import. This allows a new group of students to be enrolled and interact with the content with a fresh start. If you wish to import user data, please contact us.