H5P is an open-source content authoring tool that is fully integrated in the CLE. This tool makes it easy for anyone to create, share, and reuse rich, interactive HTML5 content such as interactive videos, interactive presentations, quizzes, interactive timelines, and more.
H5P content is responsive and mobile-friendly, which means that users will experience the same rich, interactive content on computers, smartphones, and tablets alike. Select this link to learn about H5P integration in Moodle and select this link to find H5P tutorials.
Why create H5P interactive content?
Adding interactive content in your course opens up new possibilities for learners and instructors in a myriad of creative ways. Instructors can create interactive, bite-sized learning opportunities and promote higher-order thinking skills. Learners can engage with the content and think critically while contextualizing it to their learning. Activities can also help reduce the risk of scroll fatigue by transforming written content into an activity.
Below are a few examples to demonstrate what you can do with the H5P tool in the CLE:
- Create an Interactive Video
You can use an existing YouTube video from a lecture or tutorial and add questions that you would normally ask in the classroom, encouraging learners to pause and think more deeply about the content.
- Create a Virtual Tour
Create a Virtual Tour to allow users to explore an environment they may not be able to access easily or environments that they should become more familiar with. You can add text, videos, hyperlinks, and create multi-layered tours with different areas or "rooms" to explore.
- Create Dialog Cards
With Dialog Cards, the learner view "cards" with an image and a title on one side, and can select them to reveal another side with additional context to better understand the image. An activity like this can be particularly useful for concept checks and to improve recall.
How does it work?
With H5P, you can create mobile-friendly, interactive HTML5 eLearning content directly CLE without any technical skills.
Creating H5P content is a multi-step process. H5P activities are managed through a Content Bank – an area where H5P content may be created, edited and stored. Once an activity has been created in the content bank, it can be added to your course and the activity settings can be configured as needed.
Whether you are looking to freshen up your course materials using the Course Presentation or Timeline content types, or you want to inject some fun and engaging activities into your courses using Flashcards or Branching Scenarios. Once made, all H5P content is fully responsive and mobile-friendly – allowing learners to access interactive resources on any type of device at any time.
Please self enroll in our CLE-H5P showcase course to get started with exploring and creating H5P interactive content on CLE.
Click the Available content types to explore the different types of H5P learning objects that can be added to your courses.
Who can create H5P in the CLE?
The participants with the Category Manager, Manager, Instructor, Instructor (unlisted), Content Assistant, Course Assistant, and Leader role can create H5P interactive content in CLE.
H5P - Content Activities
- Accordion - Create vertically stacked expandable items
- Branching Scenario - Create self-paced learning scenarios and adaptive learning
- Course Presentation - Create slides where you can add multimedia and interactive elements
- Virtual Tour (360) -Create tours where learners can explore within a virtually realistic environment
- Column - Create a Column layout for H5P Content that share a common theme
H5P - Multimedia Activities
- Agamotto - Create an interactive slideshow
- Dialog Cards - Create text-based turning cards
- Flashcards - Create flashcards with an image prompt on one side and text answers on the other
- Image Hotspots - Create an image with multiple info hotspots
- Charts - Create bar and pie charts
- Timeline - Create a timeline of events with multimedia
- Interactive Video - Create videos enriched with interactions
H5P - Quiz and Game Activities
- Drag and Drop - Create drag and drop tasks with images
- Drag Text - Create text-based drag and drop tasks
- Fill in the Blanks - Create a task with missing words in a text
- Image Pairing - Create a game where students must match related images
- Image Sequencing - Create a game where images are placed in the correct order
- Multiple Choice - Create flexible multiple-choice questions
- Question Set - Create a sequence of various question types