H5P is a tool that can be used in the CLE to create interactive learning content. H5P content can engage students and stimulate their learning. This article shows you how to add an H5P activity to your CLE course.
Create and Edit H5P Content H5P activities must be created before they are added to the CLE.
- In your CLE course page, click the Turn editing on button and then navigate to the course section where you want the H5P content to be added.
- Click Add an activity or resource. The activity and resource chooser will open.
- In the activity and resource chooser, click H5P located under the activities tab. The adding a new H5P activity page will open.
- We recommend that you star the H5P activity for easier access should you create H5P content regularly.
- On the adding a new H5P activity page, enter the name and description (optional) of the H5P content.
- Under the package file category, click file to open the file picker.
- Select Content bank on the left-hand side of the screen to see the H5P activities from the CLE course
Select Upload a file to select a saved .H5P file from your computer
- Click the H5P object that you want to add into the CLE course module.
- In the popup page, change Make a copy of the file to Create an alias/shortcut.
- Click Select this file. This will take you back to the new H5P settings page. To configure basic settings for the H5P activity, see Configure Settings in the second tab of the article.
- At the bottom of this page, click save and display to preview the interactive content or click Save and return to course to navigate back to the course home page.
You should now have the H5P object with an H5P icon appear in your course module.
Below are assignment settings that can be configured:
- Tick the Allow download to enable students/staff to download the H5P content to their own computer.
- Enable the Embed button to allow the user to copy text that will allow them to embed the H5P content into another CLE course.
- Enable the Copyright button to display the right of use information of the h5P object. The right of use information will only appear on the condition of the Metadata that has been added when creating the H5P interactive content.
Select the Grade Type:
- None - The assignment will be ungraded and worth no points and thus the CLE gradebook will not generate a grade entry for this activity.
- Point - Grade out of a simple number of maximum points. Enter the maximum possible score for the assignment in the Maximum points field.
- Scale - Select a preset or custom Scale from the Scale drop-down.
- Grade category
- Select a Category in your gradebook under which you would like the assignment grade to be placed. See Grade Categories Options in the Moodle for instructions on how to create a category in your gradebook.
- Grade to pass
- This setting determines the minimum grade required to pass. The value is used in activity and course completion, and in the gradebook, where pass grades are highlighted in green and fail grades in red.
- Enable attempt tracking
- This setting allows you to enable attempt tracking for H5P activities if applicable - not every H5P activity provides attempt tracking data.
- Grading method
- Choose between various methods to calculate the grade for this H5P activity.
Common module setting
- In this setting, you can customize how the H5P object is available to learners, add an ID number, and set the H5P to Group mode.
- The ‘restrict access’ setting enables teachers to restrict the availability of activities according to certain conditions such as dates, grade obtained, group or activity completion. Learn more about specific restrictions here.
- This setting allows you to set completion criteria for the quiz activity. A tick box appears next to the quiz when the student meets the set criteria.
- Do not indicate activity completion: There is no option to mark the quiz as complete, manually or otherwise.
- Students can manually mark the activity as completed: Students have the option to mark the activity as complete without any requirements being met.
- Show activity as complete when conditions are met: The optional conditions are: requiring students to view the activity, students must receive a grade, students must receive a passing grade, or they’ve attempted the quiz as many times as allowed.
- Tags are used to connect content from various activities within courses. Larn more about the tagging feature here.