User Overrides and Group Overrides allow individuals or groups to access a quiz at different times or for different amounts of time. Overrides are used to provide accommodations, extensions, or make-up opportunities for students taking quizzes. This can be useful in several instances, such as:
- a student who is taking medical leave and needs to take a test earlier or later than the rest of the class.
- a student who accidentally submitted the quiz after 60 seconds and needs another chance but the quiz is now closed.
- students who are allowed extra time on tests or have them proctored outside of class.
- students in the same CLE course but in separate sessions that need to take the quiz at different times.
How to set up user overrides or group overrides to a quiz
- On your course page, click the link to the quiz you want to configure. The Quiz summary page will open.
- On the Quiz summary page, select the Gear Icon . A drop-down list will open.
- The Override summary page will open.
- Click Add user override or Add group override. The Edit override page will open.
- From the Override user or Override group drop-down list, select the user or the particular group for which you want to configure special access.
- Modify the settings you want to override. The parameters you can adjust are:
- Require password: Specify a unique password that the student(s) must enter before attempting the quiz.
- Open the quiz, Close the quiz: Specify separate open and close dates that apply only to the student(s).
- Time limit: Adjust the duration that student(s) have for taking the quiz, or you can disable this entirely if you want to give the them an unlimited amount of time to finish the quiz.
- Attempts allowed: Specify how many attempts the student(s) are allowed.
- Revert to quiz defaults: Revert the settings back to what they are for all students.
- Click Save when you are finished, or to repeat this for more Users or Groups, click Save and enter another override.