Small in size, but big in print quality. The Ultimaker 3 is a powerful, entry-level 3D printer. Materials for printing consist primarily of Ultimaker-compatible PLA plastic. See a list of commonly used 3D printing filament. For other specialty filament such as polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), contact the Makers Lab, or check with staff for availability.
Attending the monthly 3D Printing Part I pop-up is recommended prior to using the Ultimaker.
- Visit the Ultimaker website
- Download Ultimaker 3 user manual
- Download Cura Ultimaker Edition
- Download 3D files from NIH 3D Print Exchange and Thingiverse
- Create your own 3D models using Tinkercad
- Learn how to set up dual-color 3D prints on the Ultimaker 3 using dual-extrusion
- Print Area: 223 x 223 x 205 mm
- Layer Resolution: .02 mm to .2 mm
- Print Speed: 30 mm/s to 300 mm/s
- Usable Filament Sizes: 2.85 mm
- Print Surface: Heated glass bed